segunda-feira, 9 de agosto de 2010

#01 - Taylan Bagsurer


Nationality: Turkish


It was a Friday afternoon. The day, 18th of September 2009, the place was Saltash C 05 and those were my first moments outside Brazil. Everything was still blurred, in the automatic mode and I was not quite aware of this huge change I was about to live. In Portuguese we use the expression “the coin had not fallen yet”. My bags and suitcases were on the floor and I was sitting on the bed, looking outside the window and wondering if I was going to sleep or not when someone knocked on my door: “Hello, I’m Taylan. I’m number 04”.

“Wait a minute… Tay what?!” I thought to myself. Is this a man or a country!? Weird names, for me not to remember next time… Nice start!”

Taylan was the first person to knock at my door and welcome me in this journey. A little bit of kindness is never inappropriate and I’m really glad that kindness works so naturally in some people, being Taylan one of those.

Huge and pure hearted man, friendly, generous and caring. If for some reason you are not around, he’ll be the first to knock at your door to check what’s going on. Helpful, joyful, but messy and extremely stupid. This guy was responsible for some of the funniest moments in this London journey.

His main weakness is women and blonde hair is his Kryptonite. He falls in love a lot and if he’s already stupid, when he is in love things get way worse, especially with a can of Stella Atrois in his hand.

Very good Monopoly player, always with a smile in his face and opened to have fun about himself and laugh about his messes. A light soul with so much to give to everyone around. And especially: a passionate Galatasaray fan. The Turkish words and expressions I’ve learned comes from his cursing during unsuccessful matches. =)

Once Taylan came to me and told me something that made me think and that’s a clear example on how you grow around real friends: “Leo, do you know what your problem is? You are too gentle and kind, even when you don’t want to be. Sometimes you don’t need to be. You just tell them to fuck off and that’s it.”

Arkadaşım teşekkür ederim

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário