terça-feira, 31 de agosto de 2010

#06 - Leo Marti

Nationality: Swiss

Man, Leo will be the first one to leave. Tonight will be his farewell party with chocolate fundue. Curiously, if he is the first to leave, Leo was also the first classmate I met here.

It was a Monday afternoon. I was in this conference room, waiting for the Brunel Post Graduate crew to tell me how great the University is, how accurate was my choice of being here and how “we haven’t only chosen Brunel, but we were also chosen to be here” and blablabla.

I was talking to this guy from Nepal (Dao), who, by the way, I barely saw again after that. He went to get a glass of water and I sat down. Right in front of me, there was a guy, long curly hair, with this surfer looks. The conversation started and he said (with his undeniable French accent):

-      Hi, I’m Leo. And you?!
-       - Leo.
-      - Yes… that’s my name.
-      - Actually, I’m also introducing myself. I’m also Leo.

Leo was my main bridge to most of the biggest friends I made here. Thanks to him, I met some of the guys I’ll be presenting here - and he is one of these good friends, of course.

I won’t deny: we’re a lot different. Our lives beat in different frequencies. He likes GOA, FOR GOD SAKES! But it doesn’t mean that we didn’t have our share of fun together. I actually went to one of these Goa Parties and was an interesting experience. Not my kind of music, but you know… You’re in London! You should go and see what’s going on. Despite of the fact that I pick on him because of that, I can’t say that I didn’t enjoy it. It was cool. If you’re amongst friends, it will always be great.

There ain’t no picture where you will find Leo posing normally, like a normal person (actually, here we have some rare samples of normal faced pictures - but I reassure: IT'S PRETTY RARE!). Funny, scary or stupid faces. There is always something unusual because “there is no fun in making regular faces”. That’s his brand, that’s who he is: a free spirit always looking for his share of fun, exploring new horizons, trying life as it is. If there is a party, an occasion, an event or even just friends in The Hub there you will find Leo and you bet he will invite everyone.

But one thing must be said: if he wants do go out, exploit the world, know different places, travel around, live in Berlin, the joy of leaving is more powerful because there is a place called home: Switzerland is his safe port, home, his identity, part of himself.

A young man with an acid sense of humor, a teaser in essence, this guy gave a hard time to the Chinese community. There was no occasion when he didn’t try (sometimes succeeding) to put LOTS of alcohol down their throats. Poor naive Chinese… In the end, I might say, it worked pretty well for him – if you know what I mean.

See you soon, my friend!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário